Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Singledom.

This is a stellar evening.  Every Tuesday, my Mom comes over for dinner.  Let me rephrase that....my Mom BRINGS us dinner.  And then she babysits while I go to choir rehearsal.  And while I'm out she puts my daughter to bed and then she does my dishes!  I mean....ALL babysitters should be like this, no??  Lately, she's even taken the task of picking Bianca up from after school care.  Tonight, and I know this sounds crappy but, they are stuck in traffic.  (Happy Dance!)  It means that my usual 5 minutes of alone time has just turned into like 30-freaking-minutes of solitudinal bliss.  Yes, I'm making words up because I'm that happy.

In my first five minutes, I managed to change the 3 lightbulbs in my kitchen ceiling fan because inevitably they all explode within 45 seconds of one another.  I should mention that probably happened about 2 weeks ago and I've been working by the overhead stove light since.  I put away the 14 coats and 57 pairs of shoes that were strewn across the front hallway and stairs.  All in the last 3 days.  By 2 people.  I cleared the table of at least a dozen art projects (one of them created inside an empty [and clean] McDonalds Filet O Fish box..??) and set it for dinner.  I came downstairs to switch over laundry and was delighted to find that, despite my severe case of procrastinatitis, I caught the laundry in time to move it into the dryer without having to wash the you-left-it-in-the-washer-too-long stink off of it.  (Holy crap, they just called & are their way home and my darling daughter informed me that I forgot to put her bologna in her lunch.  AGH!!!!)

Better get to the point because none of the above has anything to do with what I wanted to write about at this moment.  LOL.  I'm just excited.

So, I've been in solitary confinement for....err, I mean....I've been doing this single parent gig for a while now.  My last relationship ended four years ago this coming January.  This passing October marked three years since I last had...you know, ahem.....relations.  Yes, I typed that correctly and I can do the math, thank you very much.  (glare)  A girl makes some hasty decisions sometimes.....   You know when you just don't want your stupid, crappy, heart-breaking jerkface ex to be the last person you were with....???  I digress.

I'm really quite content being single and honestly, being a Mom is my main focus.  I have precious little time with my baby and her childhood is speeding by like the Millenium Falcon in hyperdrive.  So I have no regret in not spending any part of my weekends trying to find a decent man.  I would be lying if I said I never miss a single thing about having a significant other and I admit, *GASP*, I even took a peek at my old stompin' grounds of an online dating site a few weeks ago.  PA-THE-TIC!!  Some of the same guys I dated &/or otherwise consorted with still on there.  Four years later.  Same stupid lines, same stupid head games, same crappity crappy crap. 

Have you heard the song by Nick Lachey?  "Now I'm broken, And I'm faded, I'm half the man I thought I would be, But you can have what's left of me.  Take what's left of this man.  Make me whole once again."  Are you effing kidding me?  And women swoon for that garbage.  Oh, oooh, Nick!!  I'll take what's left of you!!  I'll take that broken half of a man you're offering!!  If I had to take half of  him, it would be the bottom half so I could at least have some fun and not have to listen to the ridiculousness coming out of his pie-hole. 

I have some self esteem, an electric blanket and alot of good shows on my DVR that I have hopes of someday getting to watch.  I'm all set in singledom for now, thanks.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment